Those who are amused by my muses

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Years Resolutions

What an interesting year we just finished.  So many changes personally, to our nation, everything.  I have learned a lot of important lessons.  The one I am currently learning is how to stay still and listen.  Sometimes it isn't about mouthing off when feeling distaste with a certain subject.  Sometimes there is more to the story or perhaps I am meant to hear something hidden in the meaning.  I have learned to gripe less when slow cars in front of me seem to creep even slower.  Sometimes that is the Devil pointing and laughing but other times, it is God saying "Slow down....notice what I am trying to show you".  There is a reason to everything in life.  There is no such thing as coincidence.  I am certain of it.  My pastor calls them "God-cidences".  If you slow down and notice the hidden meanings behind things that typically get you upset, you will learn so much.  Take if from one of the most impatient people on Earth.  It is possible.  Also know that it is never too late to feel the euphoria of being a child of God, no matter who you were previously.  That is coming from someone who left behind the broken woman that she used to be.  I cannot explain the joy that comes from my faith.  Am I some goody two shoes that never had a bad thing happen to her?  If you knew me before ten years ago, you would NEVER have asked that.  This is what the Athiests will never understand.  I no longer feel that pain, that constant anger.  I have not seen God with my eyes.  I have felt him in my heart and seen what he can do.  I know without a shadow of a doubt that He is there.  I now know joy.  I know what it feels like to be utterly alone even though I am surrounded by people but I do not have that empty feeling anymore.  I do not wish to push religion down anyone's throat because what I feel isn't a group of laws for mankind.  It is a relationship.  It is what I have and if anybody else wants it, I can show them the path but I would never force it.  I feel no hate towards anyone or any group.  True Christianity isn't about what I feel what should be eradicated.  It is about the light of the Lamb and the feeling that I feel.  It is a heartwarming glow.  It is that tipsy feeling of giddiness however it will not end in a hangover.  It is that feeling you feel when the person you have had a major crush on calls you to admit that they have the same feeling.  It is the feeling you feel when you have absolutely nothing and someone gives you the winning lottery ticket.  It isn't about hate.  It is about love.  Our book of rules is for us and only us to follow.  It isn't for us to point at the world and expect it to be under the same.  It doesn't work like that.  Let's say you join the basketball team at school.  You have a tough coach but you follow all the rules of play.  You are walking home and notice some kids playing basketball in the park.  Do you run over to them and yell at them because they are not playing with a tall enough net?  Do you get angry because they aren't wearing uniforms?  Have too many or too few people playing?  No.  You either keep walking, start to watch them play or play yourself.  Only if they ASK you how to play do you offer what you know and if they want to then join your team, they can then follow the rules.  Same goes with the Bible.  Don't expect a heathen to follow a Christian doctrine.  If they wanted to follow it, they would already be a Christian.  We are only to offer them love.  If they ask, share your journey but never sit in judgement lest you be judged in the same fashion.  My New Years Resolution is to learn to stay still and listen some more.

No comments: